This full-time CIBTAC body therapy course provides high quality training in body electical therapy and massage, required to work in a modern salon and spa environment, it is the perfect starting point for anyone wanting to become a body therapist or wants to train in holistic therapies. This course leads to an internationally recognised CIBTAC diploma allowing the CIBTAC body therapist to work worldwide.
- Full Time Course - Day
- £140.00 (Books, uniform & kit)
- Examination Fees:
- Start Date:
- Mon, 24th February 2020
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- 9.30 a.m. - 4.30 p.m.
After completing the CIBTAC body therapy diploma course we would recommend that you follow-on from this course by taking the CIBTAC beautician therapy diploma and/or CIBTAC electrolysis diploma. With these combined beauty therapy qualifications you will acquire all the skills needed to work in a beauty salon, day spa, hotel spa or health resort as a fully qualified beauty therapist.
Once you have completed the CIBTAC body therapy, beautician and electrolysis (optional) qualifications you will be able to continue to study to achieve CIDESCO beauty therapy diploma qualification. Please ask for more details on the CIDESCO international beauty qualifications.
CIBTAC Body Therapy Course Covers
- Anatomy & physiology of whole body
- Skin structures, functions and diseases
- Record keeping
- Retail sales
- Figure diagnosis
- Swedish body massage
- Electrical body treatments; vacuum suction, galvanic, faradic G5 massage, infra-red and audio sonic)
- Product knowledge
- Aftercare and homecare
- Health and hygiene
- Diet and nutrition
- Business studies
- Salon management
Additional training and workshops included
- Indian head massage*
- Deep tissue massage with trigger point therapy*
- Stress relief scalp massage
Course Requirements List
- Uniform navy tunic top and navy trousers
- Body therapy course notes
- Nutrition course notes
- Anatomy & physiology course notes
Not included in course requirements but needed
- A pair of black shoes
- Navy cardigan
- Stationary items
- Ballieres nurses dictionary - not essential but recommended
Examination: The pass mark for CIBTAC is 60%.
Theory: 1½ hours multiple choice paper
Practical: 3 hours