Take your career to the next level with the prestigious CIDESCO International Diploma
If you are interested in advancing your career and have three years of professional experience as a qualified beauty therapist, (CIBTAC, NVQ, HND, City & Guilds BTec qualifications) you could qualify for the CIDESCO post graduate course. The high standard of training on the CIDESCO course ensures that the CIDESCO certification remains the highest qualifying examination in the beauty industry, known by employers around the world. Wherever you go and whatever position you pursue, your CIDESCO education will be an invaluable resource.
Why train to be a CIDESCO graduate?
- World-wide recognition - The beauty industry worldwide recognises CIDESCO as the highest standard of beauty training and education.
- Career advancement - Comprehensive knowledge and training of spa and medical treatments qualify CIDESCO graduates for many more career opportunities.
- Travel opportunities - Learn techniques from around the world and you could travel while you pursue a career you are passionate about.
- Higher earning potential - The most prestigious beauty therapy qualification is highly regarded worldwide and will put you among the elite in beauty therapy industry.
- BEAUTY THERAPY COURSES
- Examination Fees:
- Start Date:
- Thu, 11th February 2021
- 9.30 a.m - 1.00 p.m.
Aim of the course:
To give qualified Skin and Body Therapists (Beauty Therapists / Estheticians) with a formal training and a minimum of 3 years practical experience in a Skin and Body Care Salon Centre/Spa or in combination with teaching, the opportunity to gain the prestigious CIDESCO International qualification which will enable students to work worldwide.
- The CIDESCO post graduate course is a self-study program that allows the post graduate student to go through the same curriculum that full-time CIDESCO students must complete, but at their own pace.
- Students must complete a refresher course of at least 40 hours at a CIDESCO School with extensive hands-on training by CIDESCO tutors in face and body practical work to include spa and electrical equipment.
- Students will have access to online CIDESCO theory notes and in-house multiple choice examinations to prepare for the CIDESCO written examination.
- Once the cirruculum is completed students must attend the CIDESCO preparation and examination week, this involves six days of review and instruction by a CIDESCO tutor followed by 2 days of written and practical examinations administered by CIDESCO examiners.
- The refresher course must be tailored to the individual needs ensuring that the candidates have covered all subjects in the CIDESCO Beauty Therapy Syllabus.
- We can offer this from February, on a Thursday for 16 weeks until exams in early July 2018.
The examination for the post graduate Beauty Therapy Diploma consists of a Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) paper, a practical exam and assessment of the project with case histories.
Project with Case Histories
Candidates are required to research and write a 4000 word project assignment on a subject relevant to the study of beauty therapy and connected to their case histories This was introduced in 2017 to replace the specialised subject.
The areas covered in each examination are as follows:
- Skin Analysis
- Lash and Brow Treatments
- Deep Cleansing
- Facial Electrical Equipment
- Facial Massage
- Mask Treatment
- Body Analysis
- Manual Massage
- Depilation - waxing with hot and warm wax
This examination consists of a 1 hour 30 minutes multiple choice paper consisting of questions taken from all parts of the CIDESCO theoretical training programme as follows:
- Natural Science
- Anatomy and Physiology
- The Skin
- Cosmetic Science
- Aesthetic Treatments
- Business Studies