The beauty industry is constantly evolving and as market trends change, therapists are opting to specialise in a chosen area of expertise. In response to this growing demand we have combined our CIBTAC Skin Specialist and Facial Electrotherapy Diploma. This qualification is ideal for those who wish to progress into the field of advanced skin care. This course leads to an internationally recognised CIBTAC diploma allowing graduates to work as a facialist worldwide in a beauty salon, medi spa or skin clinic.
A qualification in facial electrical treatments is required to train in the world famous Hydradermie, DF ionzyme or CACI non-surgical facials.
- Part Time Day Course
- Examination Fees:
- Start Date:
- Mon, 14th October 2019
- Monday and Tuesday
- 9.30 a. m. - 4.30 p.m.
The skin treatments qualification will be the foundation of knowledge required to start a career as a skin care expert and also incorporates lash & brow tinting and make-up for the finishing touches. The electrotherapy qualification raises skin care to the next level, incorporating the use of electrical treatments to treat the skin at a deeper level for optimum skin health. You will learn how to perform a skin analysis, devise a treatment plan for a variety of skin types and conditions, perform facial treatments that help postpone early signs of ageing, erase minor sun damage, scarring and pigmentation giving the experienced therapist more choice for their clients' skin care needs.
After completing the CIBTAC skin treatments and electrotherapy course the natural progression will be onto advanced skin analysis techniques, vitamin A skin renewal treatments, cool peels and medical microneedling.
We would also recommend that you follow-on from this course by taking CIBTAC Massage, Anatomy & Physiology. With these combined beauty therapy qualifications you will acquire all the skills needed to work in a day spa, hotel spa or health resort as a beauty therapist.
CIBTAC skin treatments & electrotherapy course covers
- Consultation, record keeping
- Skin care and skin analysis
- Eyelash and eyebrow tinting
- Eyebrow shaping
- Electrical facial treatments - steaming, vacuum suction, galvanic, faradic, and micro-current
- Facial massage, neck and shoulder and decollete
- Mask treatments
- Make-up - day and evening looks, bridal make-up
- Product knowledge and retail sales
- Cosmetic science
- General study of circulatory system
- Nerves of the face
- Muscle and bones of head, face and neck
- Skin structure, functions, diseases and disorders
- Health and hygiene
- Electricity theory
- Business studies
Additional training and workshops
As part of the CIBTAC course our students get the opportunity to participate in practical demonstrations and workshops all included in the tuition fees, in a wide range of additional subjects in beauty therapy.
- Advanced skin treatments (sonaphoresis and skin cleansing spatula)
- Hydradermie training (1 day course)
Extracurricular courses available (students receive 10% discount)
- Intimate waxing
- Reflexology for therapists
- Acrylic nail extensions
- Gel nail extensions
- Brilliant brows
- Ilash Xpress extensions
Course Requirements List
- School uniform - navy tunic top and navy trousers
- Full beauty kit for home practice and class use
- Tinting kit for home practice and class use
- Beautician course notes
- Anatomy & physiology course notes
- Top skin care brands Eve Taylor Skin Care and Lily Lolo mineral make-up products for class use
Not included in course requirements but needed
- Full set of professional make-up brushes (POA)
- Make-up kit (POA)
- A pair of black shoes
- Navy cardigan
- Stationary items
- Ballieres nurses dictionary - not essential but recommended
Examination: The pass mark for CIBTAC is 60%.
Theory: 1 hours multiple choice paper
Practical: 3.5 hours