Geraldine McGuigan Beauty Salon and School, is a well established business, with a reputation for providing result driven treatments in a professional, friendly and comfortable environment.
We are looking to recruit a part-time Beauty Therapist who is professional, reliable, mature & motivated to provide a range of beauty treatments for clients.
- To meet and greet clients in a professional manner
- To work towards and achieve set retail targets
- To carry out the treatments including facials, massage, waxing, tinting, electrolysis, nails, tanning and makeup to a high professional standard
- To ensure the working environment is kept to the utmost cleanliness at all times
- To maintain a good understanding and keep up to date with product and retail knowledge
- To partake in reception duties, including making appointments, answering calls and taking payments
- To be punctual at all times
The ideal candidate will be well groomed in appearance with a hard working attitude, good organisational and administrative skills and an ability to work well within a team. You will have excellent people and communication skills with an emphasis on client care and impeccable hygiene.
- Fully qualified to CIDESCO / CIBTAC or equivalent
- No previous beauty therapist experience required
Terms and conditions:
The post is part-time leading to full-time employment, offered on a permanent basis following successful completion of a six-month probationary period, with the opportunity to enhance earnings through target based commission.
The hours of work are 12-16 per week worked Monday to Saturday. Wages will be between £6.70 - £7.50 per hour depending on qualifications and experience. Plus commission on retail sales paid at 10% of total retail sales (-VAT @ 20%). Leave for full time employees is 20 days, plus 8 public holidays; part–time staff receive their entitlement pro-rata. Salary progression will be performance and profit related.
Training on the job
Once qualified many skills are gained on the job, and newly qualified beauty therapists are supervised and trained by senior beauty therapists and our in-house training staff. Beauty therapists will also attend training courses offered by product suppliers and our own private beauty school.
To review full details about the job along with the qualities required and to access the application form, contact 028 9035 2662 to request a job information pack.
It is strongly recommended that you read the job related documents thoroughly before completing and submitting your application form. The application form should be completed by hand and submitted in hard copy addressed to:
FOA Geraldine McGuigan
Geraldine McGuigan Beauty Salon & School
325-327 Antrim Road
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 30th June 2017.
Late applications will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an assessment day during the week commencing Tuesday 4th July 2017.
Date Posted: 22/03/2017