Waxing is an essential skill for any beautician and it is one of the most requested and highest earning beauty treatments with consistent repeat bookings every 4-6 weeks. This 5-day accredited course in depilation (temporary hair removal), covers practical application and removal techniques for waxing to all areas of the face and body. You will learn how to wax using warm strip wax (for speed waxing of legs and arms) and traditional hot wax (for more sensitive areas such as face & eyebrows, bikini & underarm). This will enable you to provide a safe, confidential and professional wax service, whilst achieving an approved and accredited professional certificate.
The minimum age for entry to this course is 16 years, no exceptions. There is no upper age limit. No previous waxing experience is required. A good level of English is required for these beauty lessons. You must be able to speak, read, write and understand English fluently.
CIBTAC diploma in waxing (warm wax and hot wax depilatory treatments) is awarded upon completion of the full 5 days and successfully passing a theory and practical examination. Course covers 50 hours in total (to include at least 20 hours of home study and practice). Minimum contact hours within the college must exceed 40 hours. This course is accredited by CIBTAC which allows you to obtain public liability insurance.
- BEAUTY AND SKIN SPECIALIST COURSES
- Examination Fees:
- Start Date:
- Wed, 4th November 2020
- Wednesday & Thursday
- 9.30 a. m. - 4.30 p.m.
Students must be prepared to practice on each other. Once practical protocols are mastered students will progress to the student salon where treatments will be performed on paying clients. This is to build confidence, technique and to improve treatment timing. For examination student’s will need to provide a female model. Models must have a minimum of 2 weeks’ hair growth and no contra-indications to treatment.
The following items are required on this course and are included in the total course cost. If you already possess a tunic or wax kit, then you may deselect them at the booking stage.
CIBTAC Total course costs £670.00
- Course tuition fee £450.00
- CIBTAC student registration and examination fee £100.00
- Waxing therapy course notes £15.00
- 1 uniform tunic top £40.00
- Waxing kit £65.00
Complete wax kit contains
- Large 1000cc heater
- Pre wax lotion 500ml
- After wax lotion 500ml
- Equipment cleaner 500ml
- Fabric strips 100
- Spatulas 100
- Pot of warm wax
- Hot wax discs
- Disposable gloves
Accessories required (not supplied)
- Orange wood sticks
- Cotton wool
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Anatomy and physiology the hair structure and hair growth patterns
- Waxing theory and techniques for hair removal from all areas of the body and face
- Different types of waxing products: hot bees wax, cream wax and warm organic wax
- Alternative depilatory products and treatments
- Contra-indications to treatments
- Client consultation
- Client preparation & treatment room preparation
- Practical application & removal techniques for warm strip wax for arms & legs, lip & chin, eyebrows, underarm & bikini line
- Practical application & removal techniques for traditional hot wax and for lip & chin, eyebrows, underarm & bikini line.
- Hair lightening using a safe bleaching process
- After care & selling skills
Beauty therapy uniform or black trousers and top, no denims or trainers
Minimum 6, maximum 16 trainees
Theory:- 20 minute multiple choice theory examination
Practical: - 45 minute practical examination