This course will provide students with the knowledge and skills required to carry out safe and effective facial treatments with massage on clients to improve skin types and conditions. Students can then progress onto the CIBTAC facial electrotherapy diploma course and advanced skin treatments which will enable them to become a skin & face specialist or facialist.
No previous beauty qualifications required.
Successful candidates will be awarded an internationally recognised CIBTAC diploma at UK Level 2 national standards, approved by BABTAC. This CIBTAC Diploma will enable graduates to become members of BABTAC (British association of beauty therapy and cosmetology) and gain public liability insurance to work in the UK, Ireland and overseas.
- BEAUTY AND SKIN SPECIALIST COURSES
- Examination Fees:
- Start Date:
- Mon, 12th October 2020
- 9.30 a. m. - 4.30 p.m.
This course is designed on a flexible time basis, enabling part-time students to qualify who would not be able to attend college on a full time basis. Training involves 12 full days to include home study and completion of case studies. Students will initially learn by practicing on each other, though for the duration of the course students will also be required to provide clients to work on plus a suitable model for the practical examination on the final training day.
- Health and hygiene
- General study of circulatory system
- Nerves of the face
- Muscle and bones of head, face, neck, hands and feet
- Skin structure, functions, diseases and disorders
- Hair anatomy
- Consultation, record keeping
- Skin care and skin analysis
- Lash and brow treatments (see options section)
- Eyebrow shaping
- Face, neck and shoulder massage
- Face masks
- Make-up techniques
- Product knowledge and retail sales
- Cosmetic science
- Business studies
Beauty therapy uniform is required
Minimum 6, maximum 12 trainees
Theory - 45-minute multiple choice theory examination
Practical: - 2-hour practical examination
Not included in course requirements but needed
- Full set of professional make-up brushes (supplied POA)
- Make-up kit (supplied POA)
- A pair of navy / black shoes
- Navy cardigan
- Stationary items